Saturday 11 February 2012

Ah, Look at all the Lonely People

Bits and Pieces from Students' Poems:


Abandoned Child

I am all alone
In this sad street
Every night I cry
But nobody helps me

Why can't you hear me? 
Can't you see me?
I try to touch you
But you walk away...

Who will teach me
How to love
Where to live
What to eat
Why to choose?

By Annalise, Dário, Dulce (Class 22)


I am a lonely child
I want a family
I wish I had a home
Please listen to me

Every night I cry
Trying to understand why
If only I could smile
And be happy for a while

By Jéssica, Alexandre, Pedro Vares (Class 21)


Child of Divorced Parents

Tell me why
Tell me why
All through the night I cry
I don't want to feel this way
I dream of a new day


Tell me why
Tell me why
The pain is so deep
I cry myself to sleep


By Jéssica, Mariana, Débora, Daniela (Class 22)


Lonely Old Lady


Do you remember 
when you helped me in the kitchen
When you told me your secrets
When you cried on my lap?


I miss that time
I miss your smile
My soul is empty
Stay for a while


By Hugo, Sara and Sílvia (Class 22)


I cry when I see you go
I'll be here on my own
I'll be here all alone
In this sad, empty room
Will you be back soon?


I touch your photos
And hear your voices
I feel your presence
You've made your choices


By Bernardo, Pedro Freitas, Paula, Tatiana (Class 21)




Boy in a wheelchair


Stuck in this wheelchair
I see other kids playing
And dream of being like them
I want to stop crying




I wish I could walk
I wish I could run
Feet touching the ground
I'd feel free and have fun


By Fiona, Lénia and Liliana (Class 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment